Pro Automotive Inc. has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Martinsville, VA.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Pro Automotive Inc.'s reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
What our clients are saying about us
We have established longterm and stable partnerships with various clients thanks to our excellence in solving their automotive needs!
Monday morning and my sons truck was dead in the driveway. He needed to return to NC that day. Jeff came to the house towed the truck in and 30 minutes later my son was on the road. We did not have an appointment, but Jeff helped us out and I will be forever grateful. Super service. Thanks Jeff!
I had the timing belt replaced on my 2009 Subaru Outback in late February at Pro Automotive. On 4/5/18, my car broke down on the highway as I was leaving Roanoke. It was towed to the closest Subaru dealer in Roanoke, where they determined that the timing belt had failed and severely damaged the engine. I contacted Pro Automotive the next day. They not only covered the cost of towing my Subaru in for them to inspect, but repaired my car at no charge to me when it was determined that the failure was due to a defective timing belt tensioner bolt. They also paid for my rental car while I was waiting to get my car back. It's back up and running like nothing ever happened. Fantastic service. I highly recommend Pro Automotive, and will definitely take my car back when it needs service again. Thanks, guys! You were great!